ECM is a historic actor in the induction sector. In the early 90s, ECM and CFEI (previously Saphymo Cell) - both members of the Dynathermic group - proposed heat treatment installations, in vacuum and in atmosphere. During these years, ECM also proposed revolutionary low pressure carburizing solutions for induction heating: the TORR machine.
ECM’s mastery of high temperatures, vacuum, and controlled atmospheres has allowed ECM TECHNOLOGIES to propose turnkey induction solutions for various applications.
Induction furnaces offer the possibility to carry out complex processes at high temperatures (2,800°C), with a rapid rise in temperature (30°C/s). It also guarantees that the material worked on is pure (e.g. Titanium, Inconel…) or to use materials in an ATEX, corrosive or nuclear environment (Uranium, Zirconium, Glass…).
The elaboration and fusion of high added value materials or the improvement of the materials’ physical properties all take place in vacuum or controlled atmosphere furnaces. The technologies used can be a cold crucible (crucible with cooled copper or stainless steel parts), a hot crucible (graphite or other) or a susceptor or muffle radiating on the heated material. Therefore, cold electric insulating materials (ceramic, glass, enamel, silicon) can be treated in our induction furnaces. Plasma solutions can be considered as a mean to purify the materials.
- Quick rise in temperature
- High rate
- High temperatures reached (>2,300°C)
- Electromagnetic mixing
- Extremely pure materials obtained
- Quick stop in power injection and therefore rapid cooling
- Can be used in complex environment (corrosive, ATEX,…)
- Robust induction system (repeatability, quality, sustainability)
- Few consumables for the induction system
- Laboratory/Research centre
- Aeronautics / Aerospace / Maritime
- Car industry
2 types of application:
- Material elaboration and fusion
Glass, enamel, ceramic, silicon
Titanium, Inconel, Zirconium, Uranium, high added value alloys
- Improving the materials’ physical properties
In addition to the previous materials:
Aluminum, Stainless steel, Steel, Alumina